Steven Stern wrote:

>> Don't expire things manually.
>>

> 1. Why not?
>
> 2. On a Bayes SQL setup with multiple servers feeding/reading the db,
> should one server be responsible for expiration or should each
> opportunistically take care of it?

I'll be more specific, don't expire things by doing the SQL commands
yourself.

It is fine to expire manually by running sa-learn --force-expire.

That will perform all of the proper actions, updating the various
variables correctly.  Doing it in SQL by hand is asking for trouble.

The way that the system is designed only one process should be able to
perform an expire at once.  So, you keep auto expire on and each server
can determine if they should opportunistically perform the expire.  I'm
having a hard time imagining how things could become corrupted.

Michael