--On Saturday, August 06, 2005 4:18 PM -0700 jdow <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

By that I meant that "telnet localhost pop3" followed by an "retr 1"
(once logged in) showed the spaces normalized to exactly one in all cases.

That's interesting... I just went checking my uncaught spam folder for headers that have multiple spaces after the colon and found them only in attachments. So then I sent myself a message with leading spaces in the subject from one server to another and found them there when inspecting my Inbox from a text editor. I then looked with my mail client using IMAP and Dovecot, and when I closed the folder, Dovecot rewrote the mailbox in canonical form. Bug?