>Rob,

>For example, if you do a lookup on blahblah.yourdomain.com and that domain
>doesn't exist. Next, seconds later, create an A-record for
>blahblah.yourdomain.com ...finally, seconds later, do another lookup for
>blahblah.yourdomain.com
>
>In my testing, that last lookup DOES find something... indicating that DNS
>servers don't generally cache previously "not found" lookups... at least not
>for long.

        Be vary careful with this one.  If indeed you are testing
"yourdomain", it is possible that the server checked is authoritative
for the domain and then *no* caching was done;  Are you certain that
you checked using a different server that was not authoritative;
Otherwise the test was invalid and needs to be redone.

>--Rob McEwen

        Paul Shupak
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]