-----Original Message-----
From: Loren Wilton [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
back down to 6 secs or so, but it would be very handy to have
the actual
times of each test logged so I can see which are the slow ones.

Check Top.  This sounds a lot like you are thrashing.  The rulesemporium
rules are fairly carefully written to not be processor hogs, although we
have made mistakes in the past.  They have typically only showed up when
someone had some very strangely formatted mail messages.  Now you might
indeed have hit some slow or badly composed rules; but I'm betting you are
just out of memory.

There is a Wiki page by Daniel or Justin or some such on profiling rules. Should be fairly easy to find, and I seem to recall the steps were fairly
simple, except they didn't work for me.  :-(

       Loren