On Mon, Aug 15, 2005 at 10:23:58PM -0500, Steve Martin wrote:
> 154830 entries kept, 1714 deleted

Ok.

> [1381] dbg: bayes: token count: 154830, final goal reduction size: 42330
> [1381] dbg: bayes: 1382400_62056
>
> So, the first time it only got rid of about 2000 tokens and is stuck?

Yup.

> [1364] dbg: bayes: can't use estimation method for expiry, unexpected
> result, calculating optimal atime delta (first pass)
>
> How can I figure out  what went wrong here?

It's in the sa-learn docs.  Basically your last expiry is too different from
what it's trying to do now, so it can't estimate new values based on the old
values.

> and why did that happen on the second pass....

Per the above, expiry wants to get rid of 42330 tokens, but the first
(smallest value > 0) atime difference is 62056 tokens, which means too many
would be removed, so it can't expire.

--
Randomly Generated Tagline:
"You can't run sausage backwards through a meat grinder and end up with