I've got SA 3.04 running on a RH Linux 2.1AS server and it is running properly Razor2 is installed; DCC and Pyzor are not, as they won't compile). So far though, it's not doing a very good job of catching spam; only a small percentage is getting marked.

In an effort to improve it's functionality, I've been looking into implementing Rules du Jour (http://www.exit0.us/index.php? pagename=RulesDuJour) and am running into problems when running the script. This has me backtracking and testing my SA installation by running:

spamassassin --lint -D

Which is resulting in the following:

<snip>
debug: plugin: Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::URIDNSBL=HASH(0x8430ec8) implements 'parse_config' debug: plugin: Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Hashcash=HASH(0x8e687ec) implements 'parse_config'
config: SpamAssassin failed to parse line, skipping: rewrite_subject 1
config: SpamAssassin failed to parse line, skipping: subject_tag [***SPAM***] config: SpamAssassin failed to parse line, skipping: auto_learn 1
config: SpamAssassin failed to parse line, skipping: report_header 1
config: SpamAssassin failed to parse line, skipping: rewrite_subject 1 config: SpamAssassin failed to parse line, skipping: subject_tag [***SPAM***] config: SpamAssassin failed to parse line, skipping: use_terse_report 0 config: SpamAssassin failed to parse line, skipping: report_header 1 config: SpamAssassin failed to parse line, skipping: auto_learn 1
debug: using "/root/.spamassassin" for user state dir
debug: bayes: 8624 tie-ing to DB file R/O /root/.spamassassin/bayes_toks
debug: bayes: 8624 tie-ing to DB file R/O /root/.spamassassin/bayes_seen
debug: bayes: found bayes db version 3
debug: using "/root/.spamassassin" for user state dir
debug: bayes: Not available for scanning, only 33 spam(s) in Bayes DB < 200
</snip>

These config failures are what are preventing the rulesdujour.sh from running. I'm a bit baffled as I know SA is, in fact running. I haven't been able to decipher this and was hoping the list could help me out...

On a related note, since I'm using SA server-wide, users are not marking their mail as spam manually and, thus, the bayes db isn't getting updated. Is there some tool I can use to kick that into gear w/o having to rely on user input or should I just ignore it?

Thanks in advance for your help and direction...

-Chris