To: "'jdow'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <users@spamassassin.apache.org>
Sent: 2005 August, 20, Saturday 02:14
Subject: RE: Sudden Increase in Spam Mails

This is weird.. I don't know if it has something to do with the problem but
since Aug 12, I don't see any SURBL hits on maillog anymore...

Has anythiung changed?

Here is my SURBL ruleset, Im just updated to Mail::SpamAssassin 3.0.4

[EMAIL PROTECTED] spamassassin]# cat 25_uribl.cf
# SpamAssassin - URIDNSBL rules
#
# Please don't modify this file as your changes will be overwritten with
# the next update. Use /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf instead.
# See 'perldoc Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf' for details.
#
# <@LICENSE>
# Copyright 2004 Apache Software Foundation
#
# Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License");
# you may not use this file except in compliance with the License.
# You may obtain a copy of the License at
#
#     http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
#
# Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software
# distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS,
# WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied.
# See the License for the specific language governing permissions and
# limitations under the License.
# </@LICENSE>
#

# Requires the Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::URIDNSBL plugin be loaded.
# Note that this plugin defines a new config setting, 'uridnsbl',
# which lists the zones to look up in advance.  The rules will
# not hit unless each rule has a corresponding 'uridnsbl' line.

ifplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::URIDNSBL

# URI-DNSBL lookups can take a *maximum* of this many seconds past the
# normal DNSBL lookups.
uridnsbl_timeout        2

uridnsbl        URIBL_SBL       sbl.spamhaus.org.       TXT
body            URIBL_SBL       eval:check_uridnsbl('URIBL_SBL')
describe URIBL_SBL Contains an URL listed in the SBL blocklist
tflags          URIBL_SBL       net

urirhssub       URIBL_SC_SURBL  multi.surbl.org.        A   2
body            URIBL_SC_SURBL  eval:check_uridnsbl('URIBL_SC_SURBL')
describe        URIBL_SC_SURBL  Contains an URL listed in the SC SURBL
blocklist
tflags          URIBL_SC_SURBL  net

urirhssub       URIBL_WS_SURBL  multi.surbl.org.        A   4
body            URIBL_WS_SURBL  eval:check_uridnsbl('URIBL_WS_SURBL')
describe        URIBL_WS_SURBL  Contains an URL listed in the WS SURBL
blocklist
tflags          URIBL_WS_SURBL  net

urirhssub       URIBL_PH_SURBL  multi.surbl.org.        A   8
body            URIBL_PH_SURBL  eval:check_uridnsbl('URIBL_PH_SURBL')
describe        URIBL_PH_SURBL  Contains an URL listed in the PH SURBL
blocklist
tflags          URIBL_PH_SURBL  net

urirhssub       URIBL_OB_SURBL  multi.surbl.org.        A   16
body            URIBL_OB_SURBL  eval:check_uridnsbl('URIBL_OB_SURBL')
describe        URIBL_OB_SURBL  Contains an URL listed in the OB SURBL
blocklist
tflags          URIBL_OB_SURBL  net

urirhssub       URIBL_AB_SURBL  multi.surbl.org.        A   32
body            URIBL_AB_SURBL  eval:check_uridnsbl('URIBL_AB_SURBL')
describe        URIBL_AB_SURBL  Contains an URL listed in the AB SURBL
blocklist
tflags          URIBL_AB_SURBL  net

urirhssub       URIBL_JP_SURBL  multi.surbl.org.        A   64
body            URIBL_JP_SURBL  eval:check_uridnsbl('URIBL_JP_SURBL')
describe        URIBL_JP_SURBL  Contains an URL listed in the JP SURBL
blocklist
tflags          URIBL_JP_SURBL  net

# Top 125 domains whitelisted by SURBL
uridnsbl_skip_domain yahoo.com w3.org msn.com com.com yimg.com
uridnsbl_skip_domain hotmail.com doubleclick.net flowgo.com ebaystatic.com
aol.com
uridnsbl_skip_domain akamai.net yahoogroups.com ebay.com classmates.com
akamaitech.net
uridnsbl_skip_domain incredimail.com tiscali.co.uk google.com chtah.com
ediets.com
uridnsbl_skip_domain directtrack.com microsoft.com paypal.com jexiste.fr
amazon.com
uridnsbl_skip_domain nytimes.com unitedoffers.com sitesolutions.it m0.net
hyperpc.co.jp
uridnsbl_skip_domain terra.com.br macromedia.com ed10.net earthlink.net
citibank.com
uridnsbl_skip_domain sourceforge.net marketwatch.com comcast.net
messagelabs.com mcafee.com
uridnsbl_skip_domain grisoft.com geocities.com yourfreedvds.com
smileycentral.com ual.com
uridnsbl_skip_domain monster.com e-trend.co.jp cnn.com cnet.com bfi0.com
uridnsbl_skip_domain atdmt.com sportsline.com rs6.net rr.com redhat.com
uridnsbl_skip_domain partner2profit.com joingevalia.com hotbar.com
advertising.com topica.com
uridnsbl_skip_domain rm04.net ed4.net dsbl.org extm.us edgesuite.net
uridnsbl_skip_domain debian.org click-url.com bbc.co.uk adobe.com gte.net
uridnsbl_skip_domain go.com weatherbug.com speedera.net sbcglobal.net
ientrymail.com
uridnsbl_skip_domain ibm.com att.net apple.com 5iantlavalamp.com verizon.net
uridnsbl_skip_domain plaxo.com pandasoftware.com p0.com mediaplex.com
gmail.com
uridnsbl_skip_domain exacttarget.com constantcontact.com sf.net roving.com
netflix.com
uridnsbl_skip_domain moveon.org cc-dt.com xmr3.com spamcop.net
postdirect.com
uridnsbl_skip_domain norman.com netatlantic.com mail.com investorplace.com
hitbox.com
uridnsbl_skip_domain citizensbank.com chase.com bridgetrack.com apache.org
washingtonpost.com
uridnsbl_skip_domain si.com shockwave.com sears.com quickinspirations.com
prserv.net
uridnsbl_skip_domain mac.com myweathercheck.com dsi-enews.net
cheaptickets.com bravenet.com
uridnsbl_skip_domain arcamax.com afa.net 4at1.com yahoo.co.uk uclick.com
uridnsbl_skip_domain suntrust.com sun.com ups.com pcmag.com mycomicspage.com

endif   # Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::URIDNSBL

Why did it suddenly stop showing SURBL hits?