On Saturday 10 September 2005 08:50 pm, jdow wrote:
> From: "Chris" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>

> Does resolv.conf STILL show local host?
>
> And does your local host also support a caching server for the whole
> internet? That's the usual setup you need.
> {^_^}

Thanks to everyone for replying to me on this.  The answer was provided to me
in a reply from Olaf M. Kolkman, the maintainer for NET::DNS:

All these tests are skipped for good reasons, you do not have to
worry about them.

The IP address is the IP address of your box. Its a private IP
address, an indication that you may be using a NAT. Being behind a
NAT is a common case for failure.

If I understand NAT correctly my DSL modem is also acting as a router thus
providing the Network Address Translation.

--
Chris
Registered Linux User 283774 http://counter.li.org