Steven Lamb wrote:
> I have a corpus of email and have been trying to get good metrics on it. I
> have run the messages through with spamassassin -t but this only adds stuff
> onto the ends of all of my messages. is there any way to get a summary of
> the test. i.e. how many are spam how many are ham average score so on so
> forth. or ever have it separate my messages into different folders. I know
> this is a newbie-ish question but I am indeed a newbie.

If you unpack the source tarball, there's a directory called "masses". This
contains the tools used by the developers to perform mass-checks.

You'll want to use mass-check first.
http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/MassCheck

from there, feed the spam.log and ham.log files to "hit-frequencies" which will
generate a table just like the STATISTICS-*.txt files that come with SA (check
the rules subdir of the tarball).

http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/HitFrequencies