Hi there.

I'm trying to set up an IMAP based bayesian learner using the
instructions in the SA wiki for RemoteIMAPFolder, etc.

I'm diverting messages to the IMAP mailstore from MIMEDefang, and I'm
trying to set up MIMEDefang to replicate SA's "report_safe"
encapsulation format so that sa-learn only learns the encapsulated
message while ignoring the included SA report, etc.

I appear to have done something wrong, however.  Following the
instructions in the wiki, I have fetchmail snagging messages from the
appropriate IMAP folder and feeding them to sa-learn, but sa-learn
doesn't appear to be properly detecting the message encapsulation.

As far as I can tell from looking at the code, sa-learn does a check
for the existence of the X-Spam-Checker-Version header to decide
whether or not to call remove_spamassassin_markup().  Within that
subroutine it checks for a Content-Type header matching a regexp
which includes "multipart/mixed;" and some other things I don't quite
follow. :-)

As far as I can tell, though, the messages aren't being detected as
encapsulated--I'm using the -D flag with sa-learn and "Removing
Markup" never shows up in the dbg messages I expect from the code in
remove_spamassassin_markup(), and the debug messages show URLs being
parsed which are only present in the spamassassin report included in
the body text, but not in the encapsulated message itself.

Is there some other trick that I'm missing while generating a message
that sa-learn will recognize as "report_safe" encapsulated?

Thanks!

Working with SA 3.10rc1, by the way.

----
Nels Lindquist <*>