> Rick Macdougall wrote:
> > I'm having an issue with SA 3.1.0 freezing, it will run through a
> > couple of users (3 - 10) and then lockup.
> > and it just stops there.
> > Any one with any ideas ?
> BTW, a reboot fixed it but I still don't know what caused it.

We have seen this with a RHEL 3.5 server SMP kernel as well, but the
problem was not specific to spamassassin, but something on the OS/kernel
level that not only caused spamd to hang up, but clamav, and even trying
to send an attachment locally from pine, mail, etc... A reboot would clear
up the problem, but it would return 3-5 days later. The hangups would only
be for emails with attachments.

If you see the problem again, let me know, as we are trying to find the
cause as well. We will be going to a non SMP kernel if the problem appears
again. You can grep your /var/log/maillog looking for:
grep timeout /var/log/maillog|grep -i local

If you see a lot of timeouts during draining input, this will signal the
problem re-occuring.

Rob