I just updated to 3.1.0.  I am also using MimeDefang. SpamAssassin was
using the AWL file at /var/spool/mail/.spamassassin/white-list (user mail's
home) Now it is trying to use an AWL file in
/root/.spamassassin/auto-whitelist. Since user mail cannot write to user
root's home directory I get an error in the maillog (see below). I have
disabled AWL for now but how do I get it to use the AWL file in "mail"'s
home? Is this something I need to change in mimedefang?

      Bill

Sep 19 09:35:51 smtp2 mimedefang-multiplexor[4713]: Slave 0 stderr:
auto-whitelist: open of auto-whitelist file failed: locker: safe
_lock: cannot create tmp lockfile
/root/.spamassassin/auto-whitelist.lock.smtpx.vci.net.4714 for
/root/.spamassassin/auto-whitelist.
lock: Permission denied