Hello,
I am running spamassassin-3.0.3-1.1 and spamass-milter-0.3.0-1.1 on RHEL3. The MTA is sendmail-8.12.
The rule is that every spam is forwarded to [EMAIL PROTECTED].
Everything works great and I am pleased with the results.

The problem is that sometimes I get the same spam forwarded 8 times to [EMAIL PROTECTED] and root gets the following error:
The original message was received at Mon, 26 Sep 2005 18:26:52 +0200
from [EMAIL PROTECTED]

spams
    (reason: 554 5.4.6 Too many hops)
    (expanded from: spams)

554 5.4.6 Too many hops 27 (25 max): from root via localhost, to spams

Why is this happening? Why is that " Too many hops 27 (25 max)"?

I think that is because of return-path header which is set to [EMAIL PROTECTED]. The spams which enter this loop have this header set to [EMAIL PROTECTED]. As I know this header is put by the final MTA.
Could this be the problem? Could I just strip off this header?

Thanks a lot