To: "Jorgen Lundman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: "ML-spamassassin-talk" <users@spamassassin.apache.org>; "William Stearns" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, October 03, 2005 10:10 PM
Subject: Re: Forward to learn spam and ham?

Good evening, Jorgen,

On Tue, 4 Oct 2005, Jorgen Lundman wrote:

I would assume someone has already solved this, but it seems hard to search for.

I would like to setup SA site wide, so that all the users can use it. However, users are not very technical, so it would be nice if they could have an easy method to train their own DBs.

I envisioned that a "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" user could forward said mail to something like "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" (forward to themselves, with instructions) to train SA. Naturally also "[EMAIL PROTECTED]". The syntax/method is not so important.

I would imagine I could do this in procmail, but I would have to make sure:

1) Procmail drops the enclosing email, which is from the user themselves, so that isn't part of the training.

2) The spam/ham email might be inline, or attached, so deal with both.

Already been done? Or just plain bad idea?

Ultimately, it would be nice if there was a global DB that I/sysadmin to could train, as well as, each user's own DB that they train. That way I can globally add spam when I am sure that it is spam.

 I think this covers what you need:

http://www.stearns.org/doc/spamassassin-setup.current.html#autoreporting

 Cheers,
 - Bill

        "If you think technology can solve your security problems, then
you don't understand the problems and you don't understand the
technology."
        -- Bruce Schneier, Secrets and Lies
William Stearns ([EMAIL PROTECTED]).  Mason, Buildkernel, freedups, p0f,
rsync-backup, ssh-keyinstall, dns-check, more at: http://www.stearns.org --------------------------------------------------------------------------

--
Jorgen Lundman       | <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Unix Administrator   | +81 (0)3 -5456-2687 ext 1017 (work)