Alex,
        Amavisd-new is the ticket.  I use it w/ sa and clamav.  Setting
up the config for amavis was a
real pain for me, but it works great now.
I am trying to find the online tutorial that I used to set it up.
Are you using it as a wall before mail gets to exchange?
That is what I am doing, but I have no 'per-user' whitelists or
tweakable settings.  I will try my best to answer any questions you
have, but I am linux challenged.

Mike S