From: "Kelson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

jdow wrote:
Actually I wanted to catch " or . or blankness. And my head keeps
trying to make \b be blankness. If \b is boundary which includes
" and . in the definition of boundary that's fine.

Yeah, \b matches a word Boundary. For blankness you probably want \s which matches whiteSpace (including spaces, tabs, etc.)

Actually "word boundary" is probably best. But like I say, my head
keeps thinking "blank" for \b rather than boundary. That's why I
included the spurious other tests. I guess "blank" comes first
in my mental dictionary search for what could the "b" be?

{^_-}