Well, I know there have to be some admins out there who have a lot of users
and do not use sitewide bayes...... RIGHT?  See original email snippet at
bottom.

I'll start the ball rolling with what few tweaks we've made, although they
are not enough; we desperately need more ideas to make this viable.

* bayes_auto_expire is turned on; cronning the expiry of 20K+ accounts every
night seems outrageous

* bayes_expiry_max_db_size is at its default value; if 20K accounts used the
maximum allowable space, then, we'd have a 160GB bayes DB.  If 8MB is
considered sufficient for a whole domain for some people, then perhaps we can
reduce this size for per-user bayes...??

* MySQL tuning for InnoDB: pretty much straight from the MySQL manual...
    - multiple data files (approx 10G each)
    - innodb_flush_log_at_trx_commit=0 because it's faster and we don't care
about Bayes data enough that the risk of losing one second of data is fine
    - innodb_buffer_pool_size as large as we can handle, but even if this was
3 or more GB, it's only a fraction of a 160GB database
    - innodb_additional_mem_pool_size=20M because that's what we saw for
their "big" example, although I am wondering in particular about the value of
increasing this one
    - innodb_log_file_size 25% of innodb_buffer_pool_size

* Other ideas:
    - increase system memory as much as possible
    - per-domain Bayes instead of per-user???
    - cluster Bayes DB???
    - revert to MyISAM -- will this help THAT much?

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs