David A. Roth wrote:
> Thanks for your reply. So far they have not been interested in changing
> anything I requested.  (They refused to disable the X-popbeforeSMTP
> thing which lists every known e-mail address of the sender in all
> outgoing headers.) I thought I would ask here since there might be
> something simple to do I wasn't aware of. But you have a good point, I
> will open a ticket asking them anyway.
>
> As a user on this system with spamassassin, I only have access to
> spamassassin the application,  user_prefs, auto-whitelist,
> bayes_journal, bayes_seen  and bayes_toks files. I don't have access to
> local.cf or can even find where it is located.

To be perfectly frank I am not surprised you don't have access to those
files. If you are in a shared hosting environment you would not be
granted access to most things :)
If you want control over how things are setup you would probably be
better off getting a VPS/UML or dedicated server (depending on your
budget etc.)

Michele

--
Mr Michele Neylon