From: Menno van Bennekom [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

> > Heh, I use the ClamAV plugin for SA and give it a hefty score.
> > That way I get the best of both worlds. Creative use of BLs also
> > helps.
>
> Very pleased with ClamAV too, but just ClamAV is not enough for us.
> The last hours some virus-types were not recognized by ClamAV, even
> not with the most recent database (just submitted the samples to
> clamav). Luckily they were catched because we allow only
> password-protected zip files if they contain executable files. And
> we have 4 other virus-scanners on our exchange-server.  The
> virus-types change so fast now that ClamAV has difficulty to keep
> up.

It's always good to have multiple layers.  We have ClamAV on the mail
server and Symantec Corporate Edition on the desktops.  I haven't had
any problems with Clam.  We had a few Sober.U get through before the
definitions updated, but that's expected with a new virus on any AV
program (unfortunately).

I have Clam installed with all the default options and I run freshclam
a few times a day to keep it updated.  It just works.

Bowie