From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I been trying to "optimize" SA on my system and decided to look at the
rules I have that SA uses. Im using qmail with SA 3.1 on Fedora Core 2. I
started SA in debug mode and noticed a bunch of rules running in another
folder on top of what I have in my up to date rules folder. The rules in
this other folder are in /usr/share/spamassassin. Should I delete all of
these rules or do they need to be there?

10_misc.cf
20_drugs.cf
20_phrases.cf
25_body_tests_es.cf
30_text_fr.cf
20_anti_ratware.cf
20_fake_helo_tests.cf
20_porn.cf
25_hashcash.cf
30_text_nl.cf
20_body_tests.cf
20_head_tests.cf
20_ratware.cf
25_spf.cf
30_text_pl.cf
20_compensate.cf
20_html_tests.cf
20_uri_tests.cf
25_uribl.cf
50_scores.cf
20_dnsbl_tests.cf
20_meta_tests.cf
23_bayes.cf
30_text_de.cf
60_whitelist.cf

Sorry if its a lot.

It's not very much compared to what I run.

Only you can define your "should". You know your conditions far better
than any of us. Is your machine overloaded? If not then why "optimize"
when it means it's very likely more spam will leak through? In my case
optimize meant going to over 45 rule sets along with extensive
user_prefs files. The machine spends about 141 seconds per hour filtering
email. This 4% load does not materially affect its performance with
anything else it does. So YMMV takes on a very strong meaning in this
context.

{^_^}