SpamAssassin 2.63-0.2
RedHat 9 Operating system Linux 2.4.20-021stab022.11.777-enterprise
psa-spamassassin 7.5.4-rh9.build75050927.15

Hello All,

Above is my hosting platform. I am running version 2.63 by default now and
want to upgrade to version 3.x .

I am a BASIC administrator and have access to the Shell and SU account.  Can
someone help me with the steps needed to download and install the latest
version on my box so I can take advantage of the newer version ?

It would be great to have a step by step guide to follow, as I am new to
this program and process and don't know enough of the root install
proceedures to do it alone..I DO know how to get around the directory
structure and run commands and upload and download files to the box, but
that is my limit at the shell.

The current intall is in my USR/SHARE/SPAMASSASSIN directory on the server.
There are .CF files in there at this point.

Thank You in advance.

Ron