Hello,

When starting the program, I'm wondering about how many children I can
start and what the problems might be with too many. My start up file
states:

# NOTE: version 3.0.x has switched to a "preforking" model, so you
# need to make sure --max-children is not set to anything higher than
# 5, unless you know what you're doing.

At this time my Options are:

OPTIONS="--create-prefs --max-children 9 --helper-home-dir
--max-conn-per-child 100"

Our server is busy enough where even 9 --max-children may not be enough.

Any suggestions?  We are running a Server with a AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2100+
processor and a SCSI Raid array and 3 gigs of memory.

Thanks,

Ken Rea