On 09/12/2005 4:42 PM, Matt Kettler wrote:
Daryl C. W. O'Shea wrote:

The situation still sucks though.  I can't have remote users use ESMTPSA
to send mail through our servers (without stripping received headers
before sending the message) since they'll have a public IP.

Sure you can. At least, if you're using SA 3.1.0 it will automatically realize
that any AUTH based transaction is coming from an "internal" user.

Yeah, I wrote that code. Support for that starts in 3.0.2 and is expanded in each release after that.

Mail to internal users (from roaming users) isn't the problem though. It's mail to external sites that see that my smart host is the second "public IP hop" and look it up in DUL. Since my telco continues to refuse to change my generic rDNS, my static IP has been listed in SORBS-DUL and any of our mail not sent from the internal network gets hit by SpamAssassin.