I am looking at my logs as to the reason why ldap prefs are not loading

I see this
Can't call method "bind" on an undefined value at /usr/share/perl5/Mail/SpamAssassin/Conf/LDAP.pm line 161, <GEN252> line 2
ldap: failed to load user scores from LDAP server, ignored

I have libdbd-ldap-perl  0.07

and libnet-ldap-perl  0.33 installed

nazareth:/var/log# cat  /etc/spamassassin/ldap.cf

user_scores_dsn ldap://locahost/dc=qmailldap,dc=lh,dc=com?spamassassin?sub?uid=__USERNAME__
user_scores_ldap_username       cn=admin,dc=linuxhardcore,dc=com
user_scores_ldap_password       ********

So I am very confused as to what the problem is.. I have in the past been able to get mysql to work fine.. why not ldap?

I am using 3.1.0a under Debian sid.

perl -v

This is perl, v5.8.7 built for x86_64-linux-gnu-thread-multi

Any pointers would be of help.. If anyone needs the Perl -V I can send it as well

Thanks in advance this is really kicking my butt..

Philip S. Hempel