Chris a écrit :
> While I agree with most of what you outlined (I too experiance tons of
> issues with the nes SA/Amavisd combo) - My mailsystem won't work (at
> least I don't think so) under this config.

unless you can measure and check what causes the real problems, ther's
no point in trying to devise a theory on that. trading a perl based
daemon (amavisd-new) for a shell script that is forked not only for
every message, but for every recipient can hardly be justified. If the
keep the sender alife...

> Mainly - it's a mailsever that is a relay for an exchange server. That
> means, there isnt any local users. so to me the injection of procmail
> etc, would be needlessly wasting time to implement.
>
> Even with a gig a ram, I need to trim back the amount of rules I use. In
> addition, I alwasy though the idea of a second smtp engine (as in
> Amavis) is silly.
>
> I considered Mailscanner, I like the idea of NOT introducing another
> smtp engine however, I don't like the idea of HOLDing the mail either.

The issue isn't the number of tcp connections. It's about what each
does. The real issue when using SA is that you are doing a lot of regex
matching. and this will still be here, whether you write this in a C
daemon or in script.

> And as of late, Amaivs has been more like deailing with a 4 year old in
> a toy store.
>
> So for now, I'm still looking and open to ideas.

use another filter? I personally focus on getting less FPs while
catching most spam, than trying to get my mail faster.