--On Wednesday, December 21, 2005 2:39 PM -0500 Matt Kettler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Perhaps a better term is "selective greylisting"

I'm Using milter-greylists's acls. My default is to whitelist (ie: not
greylist) but I have an extensive set of ACLs that use regexes to
greylist most dialup hosts, and hosts with no RDNS. I also greylist all
of apnic and lacnic by IP.

Interesting idea.

Over on the MIMEDefang list we came up with an idea for "distributed" greylisting, in which one shares one's learned white list via a reverse DNSBL. Others can then use regular DNSBL mechanisms with trusted peers to allow newcomers to bypass one's greylisting.