Aaron Boyles wrote:
> Uh oh... I might be a guilty party here.  What do you mean by "bounce after
> accepting?"  With my own app, it receives the E-Mail, gets as far as the
> DATA command, does a quick overview of the E-Mail, and if it's considered
> spam, it returns a 550 - User Doesn't Exist instead of a 250 - Okay.
>
> Is that what you mean?

No.. bounce after accept means to not validate the recipient until after the
whole SMTP session is done.

ie: a server set up to queue and forward all mail for a domain to an internal
server without any checks of the recipient at all. Later the internal server
rejects the mail because the user doesn't exist, resulting in a post-delivery
bounce message being generated.

Most servers of this sort also self-flood with double-bounce messages.