Sorry about that... pressed send before I had finished writing the message.

regarding the debug output from the previous message, I have a few questions:

1) is the // in the default rules dir normal? Where do I fix this?

2) network tests don't seem to be working, I tried this test mentioned in the archives, and the surbl tests aren't happening:

saskatoon:~ mmuri$ echo -e "\n\nhttp://surbl-org-permanent-test-point- munged.com" | spamassassin
        MISSING_DATE,MISSING_SUBJECT autolearn=no version=3.0.1

http://surbl-org-permanent-test-point-munged.com

What does this line in the debug mean? I assume it is related to the lack of network tests...

debug: plugin: Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::URIDNSBL=HASH(0x19250d8) inhibited further callbacks

and why is it repeated 33 times? What do I do to fix it? (here's what I have done so far: Net::DNS didn't seem to be installed, so I used CPAN to get the latest version. amavisd.conf was changed to include $sa_local_tests_only = 0 (there seem to be amavisd.conf files at /etc/ amavisd.conf and at /etc/spam/clamav/amavisd.conf - both have been changed).)

3) this debug seems to be reading my local config and inserting default values where none exist, how should I invoke the -D switch to better debug at the sitewide level (I don't care about the user level at this point.)

Miles Muri
[EMAIL PROTECTED]