Hi!

Well, subject says it all, doesn't it? :)

When I run "LC_ALL=de_DE spamassassin --lint" on my Gentoo Linux
system, I get the following output:

[7526] warn: config: warning: description exists for non-existent rule
SPF_HELO_PASS
[7526] warn: config: warning: description exists for non-existent rule
HASHCASH_HIGH
[7526] warn: config: warning: description exists for non-existent rule
HASHCASH_24
[7526] warn: config: warning: description exists for non-existent rule
SPF_HELO_SOFTFAIL
[7526] warn: config: warning: description exists for non-existent rule
URIBL_OB_SURBL
[7526] warn: config: warning: description exists for non-existent rule
SPF_HELO_FAIL
[7526] warn: config: warning: description exists for non-existent rule
URIBL_SC_SURBL
[7526] warn: config: warning: description exists for non-existent rule
HASHCASH_22
[7526] warn: config: warning: description exists for non-existent rule URIBL_SBL
[7526] warn: config: warning: description exists for non-existent rule
HASHCASH_23
[7526] warn: config: warning: description exists for non-existent rule SPF_PASS
[7526] warn: config: warning: description exists for non-existent rule
SPF_SOFTFAIL
[7526] warn: config: warning: description exists for non-existent rule
URIBL_AB_SURBL
[7526] warn: config: warning: description exists for non-existent rule
URIBL_PH_SURBL
[7526] warn: config: warning: description exists for non-existent rule
HASHCASH_25
[7526] warn: config: warning: description exists for non-existent rule
HASHCASH_20
[7526] warn: config: warning: description exists for non-existent rule SPF_FAIL
[7526] warn: config: warning: description exists for non-existent rule
HASHCASH_21
[7526] warn: config: warning: description exists for non-existent rule
HASHCASH_2SPEND
[7526] warn: config: warning: description exists for non-existent rule
URIBL_WS_SURBL
[7526] warn: lint: 20 issues detected, please rerun with debug enabled for more
information

When I run --lint with a different locale (like none at all, ie. LC_ALL=C),
I don't get any of those warning messages.

Those messages are in so far a problem, as they'll cause the RulesDuJour
from <http://www.exit0.us/index.php?pagename=RulesDuJour> to not work.

Actually, I don't quite understand why I get those warnings. On my
system, eg. HASHCASH_HIGH is referenced in the following files:

/usr/share/spamassassin/25_hashcash.cf
/usr/share/spamassassin/30_text_de.cf
/usr/share/spamassassin/50_scores.cf

In other threads from this mailing list, I found that the de_DE
locale is causing problems, as the descriptions are longer than
50 characters. But in this case, there were different warnings,
like:

warning: description for HTML_SHOUTING4 is over 50 chars

I don't get any of those warnings - or were they only in SA 3.0.x
and not in SA 3.1.x?

Thanks,

Alexander Skwar