>> >You can only safely skip messages with an X-Spam-Status: that reads
>"yes",
>> >due to the fact that you can't trust it. Of course, spammers can always
>> >forge a X-Spam-Status: on themselves that declares the message to be
>spam,
>> >but if they do.. more power to em..
>> >

>> Or even better, you can check for already marked positive spam
>> headers and refuse the email on that basis (for like some sites who scan
>> outgoing mail, but pass mail marked as spam on anyway e.g. ufl.edu is
>"big"
>> on this).
>
>Note that this only works on 3.0++.  On 2.6x (and I assume previously) the
>SA headers on an incoming mail were stripped before the rules had a chance
>to look at the text.
>
>        Loren

        Not if the mail is never accepted.  I reject mail marked that
way with a "550 Already marked as spam" from Postfix (using header
rules - so a quoted mail message won't trigger it).  There are plenty
of large institutions and sites "kind enough" to mark outgoing mail
as spam, but send it to you anyway (mostly government or educational
sites).

        Paul Shupak
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]