List Mail User a écrit :

>       I find the general rule for any sort of newsletter is that if
> marketing is involved at all, whitelisting is called for.

I don't trust them enough to WL them...

  GFI... now
> I remember - they spammed me pushing software development tools.  Oh,
> well - You could ask them politely to fix the abuse@ and postmaster@
> accounts, fix their registration data, leave out the blank lines, send
> the newsletter in plain text or all of the above plus whitelist them.

I did. let's wait and see:)

  It
> looks like nearly any one of the rules above, if cleared would bring the
> mail below the threshold

They had no reason to encode the From (nor the subject). "GFI Sales
Team" needs no ecoding...

(and they *should* fix the registration data,
> even if it was an unintentional mistake - In fact, if they just used the
> same data formatted as they list it on the "Contact Us" page on their web
> site, they would be in compliance).

Back to rfci listing and scores.

noos.fr: postmaster, abuse, whois => score = 2.798
wanadoo.com: postmaster, abuse, whois => score = 2.798
(For some reason, wanadoo.fr is only listed in the postmaster sublist!)

hotmail.com: postmaster, abuse => 2.319

aol.com: abuse => 0.479
yahoo.com: abuse => 0.479

Adding a 2.798 just because mail comes from a misconfigured ISP may be
too much if the sender uses a "semi-broken" mailer (the gfi NL is an
example, but I've seen worst!) and these ISPs are aware of the situation
since long, so it doesn't seem they are doing anything to fix it. (now,
wanadoo.fr aren't in the abuse sublist, but last time I reported a
backscatter outbreak, they sent me a "how to upgrade your anti-virus"
notice;-p).