Please don't use Reply if you're not replying. It makes a mess of the
threading.

In Thunderbird I right-clicked on a prior mail to the list and chose Compose Mail To, which starts a new mail, not a reply. So probably is something in your setup if it is showing otherwise. That's odd, though.

Have you looked in /usr/share/spamassassin/50_scores.cf or similar?

Thanks for this. I have been using spamassassin for a while, but frankly, it's been working so well I've never needed to analyze a mail rule by rule till now. I was looking everywhere but there. :-)

This particular message, although legit, was trying REALLY hard to look like spam. Encoding the text message with base64, having a mime file attached that had no name, the subject and body both in all caps, etc... but it was helpful to tell the recipient exactly why, rule by rule, that message was caught by his spam rule. It was from a travel agent. What is it with the travel industry still using all capital letters everywhere? :-)

Thanks for the help!

-Fran