Craig McLean wrote:
> Jim Knuth wrote:
> [snip]
>
>>>how can I change the defaults of learning threshold? I use SA V
>>>3.1.0
>

> http://spamassassin.apache.org/full/3.0.x/dist/doc/Mail_SpamAssassin_Conf.html#learning_options
>
> Specifically, bayes_auto_learn_threshold_nonspam and
> bayes_auto_learn_threshold_spam

Craig, Those are 3.0.x docs, not 3.1.x docs. One thing to note is this option
was removed from Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf in 3.1.0 because the autolearner is
now a plugin and can actually be removed completely from SA. The threshold
options are now documented in the AutoLearnThreshold plugin docs

So the docs you are referencing will work in a default 3.1.0 config, but they
can be syntax errors in 3.1.0 if someone turned the plugin off.