Dallas L. Engelken wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Maul [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Wednesday, January 18, 2006 8:55 AM
To: users@spamassassin.apache.org
Subject: Re: rules better than bayes?

Dallas L. Engelken wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Maul [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, January 11, 2006 1:49 PM
To: Chris Lear
Cc: users@spamassassin.apache.org

Chris Lear wrote:
* Jim Maul wrote (11/01/06 17:48):
[...]
i dont have any sa-stats.pl on my system, and i recall
some confusion
with different scripts named the same thing so im not
sure.  If you
can provide me with a location to obtain the sa-stats.pl
script you
are talking about i'll try to give it a run when i get
some time.  Im
running 2.64 through qmail-scanner if it matters.
Here's a version of sa-stats that works. I remember having
a hard time
finding it, so hopefully this saves you some effort.
I've edited this line:
if (!defined $FILE) { $FILE='^spamd$' }  # regex but it's
overridable
on the commandline anyway.

Chris

#!/usr/bin/perl

# file: sa-stats.pl
# date: 2005-07-27
# version: 0.9
# author: Dallas Engelken <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> # desc: SA 3.x
log parser
This appears to be for 3.x (the description above). Will
this work
for
2.64 which im still running? Is there a working version somewhere that will?

Tell ya truth, I don't even know if it works on 2.64. It
was created
after 3.0 was released. If your SA logs to maillog, just
run it and
find out. If you see data, it does... It doesn't take long to test this perl script because it doesn't have any prereqs that wouldn't already be on a SA installed box.

There is also
http://www.rulesemporium.com/programs/sa-stats-1.0.txt
for 3.1.x which supports per-domain and per-user stats...
But that's
just FYI.

Dallas

This doesnt work for 2.64 by the way. Its looking for result= and scantime= and various other things which arent in my spamd log. My log entries look like:

Jan 18 09:51:30 external spamd[2783]: connection from localhost [127.0.0.1] at port 39076 Jan 18 09:51:30 external spamd[16806]: processing message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
ro.us> for [EMAIL PROTECTED]:512.
Jan 18 09:51:31 external spamd[16806]: clean message (-4.9/5.0) for
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:512 in 1.7 seconds, 3128 bytes.

Thanks anyway for the help,

Jim

Should be fairly simple to modify the regex to work with 2.64 and then
adjust a couple values that don't apply.
Is it impossible to upgrade your SA install?

Dallas

Its not impossible but im in the process of setting up a new machine running new versions of everything so im avoiding upgrading anything that isnt absolutely necessary. The current machine is only running RH9 so im starting fresh with a new server which will be running the newest of SA. Hopefully i can still keep my old bayes DB succesfully and run the stats off of that when the time comes. Its still a couple weeks away as i just cant find enough time to finish building this machine.

Thanks for everything

-Jim