Alan Fullmer wrote:
> Yes they are rejecting mail for unknown users.
>
> However, currently I have it discard flagged spam, rather than reject
> it. Granted there are some that SA does not catch, therefore go into
> the whole limbo situation.
>
> I currently have no way for this machine to check the validity of a
> user. :( It resides on the 3rd box and by then it's already
> 'processed it'.
>
> I'm almost now wondering if there is another issue I may have
> overlooked. If you're running that on one machine, makes me wonder.
> I will investigate on that part.

That's exactly what I was referring to.  If you can get your machine to
reject the invalid users, you can cut down your processing time
significantly.  Over 3/4 of the connections to my server are rejected
for invalid users.  If I had to accept all of those connections, there's
no way I could do it with only one machine.

You need to investigate methods for your server to validate the users.
You could do this via LDAP or some sort of synchronization routine.

--
Bowie