Sarang Gupta wrote:
> We're considering creating a "spam reporting" email address that would
> automatically pipe received messages to "spamassassin -r". Is this a
> good idea? Details/thoughts:

Depends on how you intend to get mail there.

If you're talking about a spamtrap, go for it, just keep an eye on what it
receives.

If you're going to have users forward mail to it, you'll have to do some extra
work. A forwarded message will not have the original headers, and will likely
have the body re-encoded by your client and text added to it. This kind of
message will be useless to spamassassin -r.

You *MUST* feed a true, unadulterated copy of the message to spamassassin -r.
The only molestation can be spamassassin markups, spamassassin headers, and
extra received headers.