Brian S. Meehan wrote:
>  My question is, why is it only catching 49% of spam
> messages? I have the required # set to 4.0

That's pretty low.. Some questions:

1) What version of SA are you using?

2) can you post an X-Spam-Status header from one of your spams that
didn't get caught?

> Are there things I can put in place, other rules that are preformed or
> something to catch more spam?
Yes, but a hit rate that poor suggests there are other problems to look
for. In particular, check for spam that matches ALL_TRUSTED.

If you ever get any spam (or any external email) matching ALL_TRUSTED,
please read this for a fix:

http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/TrustPath

>  Autolearn always seems to be off when I look
> at the headers of spam messages, caught and uncaught.
Off? what exactly do you mean by autolearning is off? Do you mean
autolearn= "no" ,"disabled" ,"unavailable", or "failed"? Each of these
has different implications as to why autolearning did not occur.