From: "Philip Prindeville" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Alan Premselaar wrote:

Philip Prindeville wrote:
Matt Kettler wrote:

Philip Prindeville wrote:

I.e. any provider or country that doesn't have an institutional policy
of prosecuting spam senders...
Erm, so you're going to block all of the US, correct?

No.  We have laws against spam that hopefully most legitimate ISP's attempt
to conform to.

Interestingly enough, Japan also has laws against spam that most
legitimate ISPs attemp to conform to.  You probably weren't aware of that.

You'd never know it from their effectiveness!

-Philip

Gee, most spam seems to come from email. I think I'll simply block email
here. I expect I will see a magical reduction in the amount of spam I
receive.

{O,o}   (I see that the men with the canvas coats that have funny sleeves
       are coming for me. They must not like reductio ad absurdum....)