Chris Santerre wrote:
> From: Bowie Bailey [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > Joey wrote:
> > >
> > > As I'm sure you are aware the spam these days seems to be getting
> > > worse. In an attempt to be more aggressive we started using
> > > RulesDuJour.  What I would like to know is which rules are you
> > > using without too much headache so that we can implement them
> > > into our configuration.  I didn't want to load them all because I
> > > felt that it may be too aggressive and cause many client
> > > complaints.
> > >
> > > Also if you have found any solutions for the recent barrage of
> > > image spam I would appreciate you sharing them with me.
> >
> > These are the ones that I use.  I haven't had any problems with
> > them.
> >
> > SARE_ADULT
> > SARE_EVILNUMBERS0
> > SARE_FRAUD
> > SARE_GENLSUBJ0
> > SARE_HTML0
> > SARE_HEADER0
> > SARE_OBFU0
> > SARE_RANDOM
> > SARE_SPECIFIC
> > SARE_SPOOF
> > SARE_STOCKS
> > SARE_UNSUB
> > SARE_URI0
> > SARE_WHITELIST_SPF
> > SARE_WHITELIST_RCVD
>
> Boy those SARE people sure rock! ;)

They sure do! :)

> Don't forget to use URIBL and SURBL Joey. They will stop a ton of
> spam.

Yea...those are really good.  I didn't mention them as they are enabled
by default in the latest SA versions.  At least, they are if the network
tests in general are enabled.

I should also mention Razor2, Pyzor, and DCC as being very useful for
stopping the image spams.  (I don't use Pyzor myself, but that's just
because I've been too lazy to do the installation)

--
Bowie