On Wed, 2006-02-08 at 15:41 +0000, Shane Kelly wrote:
> Hi Yousef,
>

> > I have to connect through a proxy server to get to the internet but I'm
> > not sure how to set the proxy for curl. I tried to change the line
> > in /var/lib/spamassassin/rules_du_jour
> > To this:
> >  [ "${CURL_OPTS}" ] || CURL_OPTS="-w %{http_code} --compressed -O -R -s
> > -S -z -x proxy.nour.net.sa:8080";
> >
> > as I understood from man curl that -x is the parameter to use for a
> > proxy server!
> >
> > The only relevant thread I found so far is this:
> > http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.mail.spam.spamassassin.general/76192
> > but I have the outbound port 80 open and it is confirmed as when I
> > invoke the script manually (not through cron) it works perfectly (at
> > least that is what I see :) )
>
> I suspect you need to set your proxy settings in the crontab, as most
> recent crons run with a clean environment for security. (I got bitten by
> the same thing :-) )

Hummm, that's pretty interesting, will test and let you know, because I
though I had it already. Just out of curiousity, should I specify the
proxy (export the variables in crontab) or the environment variable
should just be "there"? Currently I have the variable set for the root
user in the bash profile!

Sincerely,
Yousef Raffah
Senior Systems Administrator