on 2/14/06 11:12 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>>> OK,I have done this countless times and have never had this problem.
>>>
>>> I have tried installing SA on a new system running OS X and Perl 5.8.8
>>>
>>> Everything seems to go through fine, as usual, but none of the scripts get
>>> installed in the usr/bin folder. All the other support folders and libraries
>>> go through fine, but not spamassassin. Spamc, sa-update, spamd, etc...
>>>
>>> Anyone have an idea on what is going wrong?
>>
>> Are they being installed in /usr/local/bin instead?
>

> No, I just realized they, along with a bunch of other things, are being put
> in '/usr/local/scripts' folder ???
>
> Never seen this before.
>
> -Mike

OK, I just found this interesting tidbit of info. Gonna post it here in case
anyone else runs into this problem...

If you have a directory on your system named /usr/local/scripts, perl will
attempt to put some things in it that you would rather have in the bin/
subdirectory. If you have this directory, move it to /usr/local/scripts.off
before compiling perl and move it back after installing.

-Mike