Matthias Keller wrote:
> Hi
>
> Today I received two mails which kept clogging my mailqueues as
> spamassassin never terminated analyzing them.....
>
> I do have the two messages causing this on my SA 3.1.0 and the debug
> output - it always hangs in the "running full-text regexp tests" section...
>
> Could someone from Spamassassin contact me directly please?

Maybe someone will, but that might not be quick.. the primary developers are
busy folks after all.

I assume you want a direct contact so you can provide a sample off-line without
publicly posting it.

That said, I might be able to help you without posting the message..

Is the message itself large (>250k)? If so, well, SA can't handle scanning large
mail. That's why spamc defaults to not scanning messages over 250k.

Do you allow user rules and have any full type rules in a user_prefs file? There
seems to be some rare problems with full and rawbody rules in user_prefs files.
However, this generally manifests itself as an un-scanned message, not a
log-jammed mailqueue.