On 3/12/2006 8:13 PM, James Long wrote:
Mail sent via SMTP should have all of it's headers parsed correctly and your whitelist_from_rcvd should work.

Yet, it doesn't.  One of the nightly server log messages has been
getting rejected because SA thinks it is spam, and doesn't see the
whitelist_from_rcvd entry for it.  (sendmail log below)

OK, to I should have wrote "Mail submitted" and not "Mail sent" above.

In any case, if you can change your local submission header so that it doesn't include the (envelope-from james) part, it'll be successfully parsed.

ie. If you can change your Sendmail config so that it generates headers that look like this instead:

        by ns.umpquanet.com (8.13.4/8.13.4/Submit) id k2CJ9LT4065172
        for [EMAIL PROTECTED]; Sun, 12 Mar 2006 11:09:21 -0800 (PST)

If your headers, as they are now, are from a default configuration, please open a bug about them not being parsed at: http://issues.apache.org/SpamAssassin/

BTW, is there an easy way to troubleshoot this from the command line,
with perhaps a sample message in a text file that I can just use as
input to SA, so that I don't have to use up bandwidth and also put a
large number of test messages into my mailbox?  Is it as simple as
'spamassassin -t < textfilename' ?

Yeah.

Daryl