Robert Menschel wrote:
I'm not familiar enough with the newsletters below to know whether
they should be whitelisted.  Can anyone confirm that these newsletters
(which apparently do get flagged as spam, at least from time to time)
should be whitelisted?  Does anyone have any objections to
whitelisting them?
whitelist_from_rcvd [EMAIL PROTECTED] bluehornet.com # Deep Discount DVD newsletter
Note:  My system's emails from deepdiscountdvdpromotions.com seem to
come through multiple servers, digitalriver.com, outblaze.com,
bluehornet.com, etc. If the newsletter moves from server to server
(perhaps to get the cheapest mass emailing deal), it can be very hard
to whitelist them.

I can confirm this one as both legit and a frequent false positive (in part because of the 7 consonants in a row in the domain name, which scores 2.1 points in a network+bayes setup) Actually, it hasn't been too bad the last month or so, but it was hitting the filters quite a bit in January when their outgoing server had a bad HELO config. Feeding a bunch of 'em into Bayes probably helped, too.

On top of the rotating providers, they use at least two different domain names -- this one for their newsletter, and just deepdiscountdvd.com for transactional messages like order confirmations and password reminders. They really don't make themselves easy to whitelist! However, I've never seen them do anything black-hat or even grey-hat.

--
Kelson Vibber