> However after about 2-3 hours mail randomly starts getting returned to the
> sender with 421 BSMTP timeout errors.  It doesn't matter if the sender is
> client on my server, or someone using a Yahoo account, about 50-75% of
mail
> that is sent is returned undeliverable with that 421 BSMTP timeout error
> message.  Then on top of that tons of messages start being frozen in the

In general if things work for a while and then start getting timeouts, it
indicates that some SA child is probably doing either a Bayes or Awl
auto-expire (which can take MANY minutes) and the timeout in the driving
program is too short.  As a result, the child doing the auto-expire gets
killed, and the next child up needs to do the auto-expire the first one
wasn't allowed to finish, and it gets killed, and the next child tries to do
the auto-expire and...

Either crank up your timeout to 10 minutes or so (if possible) or turn off
auto-expire and run a cron job every so often to do the expire.

        Loren