> You have an older version of the stock rules.  Doc fixed this
> one a week or two ago, since we knew it was going to come up.

Weird. rules_du_jour did not grab the newer version.

I had the same issue. I deleted the stock ruleset, ran rules_du_jour again, and everything was fine.

Obvious things to check are:

(1) Is "SARE_STOCKS" included as a trusted ruleset in
   /etc/rulesdujour/config ?

Yes.

(2) Is your copy of rules_du_jour up to date ?  rules_du_jour will
   update to later versions but *won't* install the new version as
   the production version.

Yes - same file in the RDJ download directory and in /usr/local/bin. The only thing I can think of is that it's not really running from cron for some reason - I don't recall seeing the report messages, but there's no indication of problems in the logs. Hmm.