On Sun, 19 Mar 2006, Matt Kettler stipulated:
> I'm just pointing out the only time I've had the dual-install problem was due
> a CPAN install, not a source install.. And that was a LONG time ago.

I've had it on boxes with vendor trees of perl in strange places and
multiple simultaneously live copies of perl. Of course on any such box
you should tread carefully, but that doesn't stop certain vendors from
producing boxes that have perls you can't upgrade, or even multiple
perls at the very start, all with carefully buggered-up Config.pm's.

--
`Come now, you should know that whenever you plan the duration of your
 unplanned downtime, you should add in padding for random management