The wildcard isn't needed, and I doubt it's allowed either. See the info and
examples at
http://spamassassin.apache.org/full/3.0.x/dist/doc/Mail_SpamAssassin_Conf.html#whitelist_and_blacklist_options

Specifically, the string at the end of whitelist_from_rcvd which refers to
the reverse DNS of the host, "can either be the full hostname, or the domain
component of that hostname. In other words, if the host that connected to
your MX had an IP address that mapped to 'sendinghost.spamassassin.org', you
should specify sendinghost.spamassassin.org or just spamassassin.org here."

So in your case, [whitelist_from_rcvd [EMAIL PROTECTED] somelist.org]
would work (without the [] of course). The wildcard is effectively implied.

Cheers,
Jeremy

"Frank Bures" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]