indeed, if users send spam or ham in the wrong mailbox... i'm screwed, and the wordlist.db's gonna be corrupted.
But i really cant filter user per user... i have to try another solution.

yeah, a scheduled task woulb be easier. i think a good solution would be :

users can send ham and spam in a mailbox.
with spamassassin, i try to classify theses mails as spam or ham.

i will keep a base "reference"  (~10000 mails) to keep a good acuracy. each time i wanna upgrade SA, i will backup the database, upgrade, then test the new database with the reference mails.

i think that's a good idea to keep a wealthy wordlist.

i'm sending u another mail to get thoses perl scripts. i'm really interested in these.

And i recommend u bogofilter... i think both BF & SA working together would be a very good deal.

Krispisen

On 3/22/06, mouss <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Krispisen a écrit :
> well... my user community is....quite lazy.
>
> That's why i created 2 accounts. spambox & hambox.
> when an user checks his webmail, he can click on a button which send the
> mail as spam in the spambox, or send it as ham in the hambox.

The problem here (and I have no solution) is that you can't trust users
to feed the filter if the decision will impact other users. This is the
only reason that makes me look for per-user filtering. otherwise, site
filtering is the way to go.

> Therefore, i have a new corpus each day, composed with spam & ham
> messages...
>
> I think ur solution was great.
>
> First, Bogofilter will filter incoming messages.
> if spam is detected, then it will be sent to the spambox ( i hope so),

since you're using postfix, you can use header_checks to do this:
        FILTER scan:[sascan.domain.example]:9876
or the like. if you need more, ask on the postfix ML.

> then, i 'll try to check if this is real spam with SA. if so, SA will teach
> BF with this message.

I recommend that you don't exec the "training" thing at delivery time.
instead, use a periodic (cron) task to do so. no reason to let senders
drive your actions...

> what do u think about that ?
>
> My problem is... how to write a shell script ( will be in the crontab ) to
> launch SA, scan the directory, and if results are good, send it to
> bogofilter...i'm quite bad at shell scripting :(

use perl instead. I have few scripts that I use here, though not for
bogo. contact me offline if you want them (but make sure you don't block
my server. so no sorbs nor rbl-maps please)

> Thx a lot,
>

> Config : BF + SA + Postfix.

I am currently using dspam+sa under postfix. but I'm abandonning dspam.
too beta. I'm gonna try bogofilter...