Greetings Theo Van Dinter

Thank you for the rule.

Based on the email to the list with what is actual spam, do you have any suggestions for:

        1.      Scoring
        2.      Any meta combinations to reduce false positives?

I tested using a score of 3 (because sometimes the real spam is so close to 0 that even 3 would have it pass), and yet was catching valid emails such as the pet food industry newsletter from http://www.wattnet.com/

Thoughts?

Thank you.

At 07:28 PM 3/22/2006, Theo Van Dinter wrote:
On Thu, Mar 23, 2006 at 01:09:44AM +0100, wolfgang wrote:
> I am so far not familiar with using that plugin (in a patched 3.0.4 by the
> way).

You should upgrade. ;)

You can try using the plugin from 3.1:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/spamassassin/branches/3.1/lib/Mail/SpamAssassin/Plugin/MIMEHeader.pm

I'm pretty sure it should work in 3.0, but no guarantees. :)

> All I was thinking of is to to be able to detect the existence of e.g. a *.gif
> attachment to be able to use that fact to add enough score points to raise

Yeah, that's trivial with MIMEHeader:

mimeheader GIF_ATTACH   Content-Type =~ /image\/gif/i

--
Randomly Generated Tagline:
"Teacher, my shoes are making noise."

        --Ralph Wiggum
          Last Tap Dance in Springfield (Episode BABF15)

Peter M. Abraham
Support and Customer Care Department
Dynamic Net, Inc.
Helping companies do business on the Net
420 Park Road; Suite 201
Wyomissing  PA  19610
Toll Free Voice:        1-888-887-6727
International:          1-610-736-3795
FAX:                    1-610-736-3798
Support Email:          [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Company Email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Web:                    http://www.dynamicnet.net/
                        http://www.manageddedicatedservers.com/